As a business customer, you have two options for receiving your bills electronically: either directly to your accounting system or to your online banking software.
Use the same e-bill options as those for private customers. Please note that as a business customer, you must also have an e-billing agreement with your financial institution.
Business customers can import the structured and digitally signed data electronically into their accounting system. In this way, internal processes such as signing off, approving or archiving can be fully automated. In comparison with classic processing systems, this leads to shorter throughput times and higher data quality. Bills are paid using the payment channels already in use.
Requirements / getting started
- In your company, ensure the technical requirements for receipt, processing and archiving of e-bills in the accounting system are ready.
- To receive the e-bill, you need a contract with an e-bill service provider. You can get information about this from your financial institution or from swissDIGIN (Forum for the Promotion of B2B E-Invoicing in Switzerland).
- With the contract you will receive a user number, known as an EBillAccountID.
- Provide us with this user number together with your customer number and request the e-bill. Send this information to our technical contact (see below) or by post to the Federal Roads Office (FEDRO), 3003 Bern.
- After transmission of the e-bill has been set up and tested, you will receive your VAT-compliant bills electronically; they can be imported directly into your accounting system.
- The e-bill does not change the transfer of payment process.
You can find your customer number on our bill (see example above right). If you have any other questions, please refer to our technical contact.